Mentoring is an admirable corporation between the two people (Mentor and Mentee) based on the commitment towards mentoring process, expectations, focus, mutual trust and respect. It is a
constructive relationship based upon the mutual trust and respect. Mentoring also allows the transfer of knowledge and skills from mentor to mentee. However, it requires active sharing and listening from both the sides. Here everyone learns and everyone benefits.
Students Mentoring System (SMS) is a powerful personal development tool for supporting students
to improve their learning in terms of the life skills, such as leadership skills, adaptability, critical
thinking and creativity. The system motivates them towards their academic performance, personal
wellness, career development and aspirations.
The Students Mentor System is a reliable and comprehensive support system to propel students to
excel in their academic performance, personal wellness, career development and aspirations. It is
most successful when it is focused on the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-
oriented, Time-bound) goals.
- To guide students to be more connected to the Institute and more enthusiastic to achieve their
Yoga & Meditational goals
- To support the first year students, understand the challenges and opportunities present in the
Institute and develop a smooth change towards their professional life
- Make students aware of resources available to them in the Institute and encourage them to
utilize the resources
- Support students to develop or refine their learning skills, leadership skills and time
- Provide counselling to academically weak students (slow learners) for their personal wellness
and career development
- Support students to improve their abilities to articulate and formulate plans to achieve their
academic performance, personal wellness, career development goals and aspirations
- Monitor students’ academic performance, wellness and career development activities to
enhance their academic performance, personal wellness, career development and aspirations
- Provide opportunities for students to build academic, social, and professional networks
through their peers, seminars, events, co-curricular activities, and industry mentors
- Identify problems of the students’ population and to bring them to the notice of the concerned
authorities / people
Counselling is an interactive learning process in which the counsellor (sometimes termed therapist), helps the counselees (be they individuals, families, groups or institutions) to understand the cause of difficulties and guides them to sort out issues and reach decisions. The approach in counselling is holistic, addressing social, cultural, economic and emotional issues. Counselling can be sought at any time in life, although many people reach out only in times of change or crisis.
The qualified professional counsellor speaks with the counsellee in a way to help that person solve a problem or helps to create conditions that will cause the person to understand and improve life circumstances. Counselling may be concerned with addressing and resolving specific problems, making decisions, coping with crisis, improving relationships and developing personal awareness. It also involves working with feelings, thoughts, perceptions and conflicts. The overall aim is to provide counsellees with opportunities to work in positive ways so as to live with the essence of well being as individuals and as members of the larger society.
- Group Counselling Sessions
- Career Counselling Sessions
- Health & Wellness Counselling
- Personal Counselling
- Psychiatrist Counselling
Mrs. Vijaya Lakshmi, professional Counsellor who has done Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance & Counselling in NCERT, Mysore is extending counselling & Mental Health services to MITS students. Psychological problems, family counselling, maladjustment, deviations, interpersonal relationship, stress related problems are dealt with. How to promote mental health, significance of yoga and meditation, effective ways to memorize, healthy habits and positive thinking and trends in the lifestyle etc are addressed. MITS offers Introductory Psychology as Open Elective and addresses the real life problems by creating awareness.
In Training Dept Dr. Anbumani provides Career Guidance addressing the problems related to , phobia of public speaking ,behavioural changes, goal setting and affective skills.
Existing Mentoring System:
- Group of 20 students are under the able guidance of each mentor.
- Periodical meetings with the mentee.
- Provision of academic and counselling support to all the mentees
- Any behavioural problem or any abnormalities is observed summoning students to the Student Counsellor.
- Referrals to the Psychiatrist for further medical treatment.
AICTE requirement for Counselling
Counselling Process @ MITS
Yoga & Meditation
Yoga and meditation club helps in understanding the physical and psychical controls whose aim is to make practitioner aware of the identity of Atma (soul) and Brahman (supreme soul). Yoga and meditation club not only provides health, vigour, brightness and alertness to the body and mind, it also fills the life with satisfaction, happiness and pleasure. The Main objective of the club is to reduces tension, stress, anxiety, weakness, helplessness, fear, negative thoughts etc. which are increased day by day in this mechanical human life
Yoga is an ancient art that connects the mind and body. It is an exercise that we perform by balancing the elements of our bodies. In addition, it helps us meditate and relax.Moreover, yoga helps us keep control of our bodies as well as mind. It is a great channel for releasing our stress and anxiety. Yoga gained popularity gradually and is now spread in all regions of the world. It unites people in harmony and peace.
Yoga has numerous benefits if we look at it closely. You will get relief when you practice it regularly. As it keeps away the ailments from our mind and body. In addition, when we practice several asanas and postures, it strengthens our body and gives us a feeling of well-being and healthiness.
Furthermore, yoga helps in sharpening our mind and improving our intelligence. We can achieve a higher level of concentration through yoga and also learn how to steady our emotions. It connects us to nature like never before and enhances our social well-being.
- Conducts yoga and meditation training classes
- Organizes guest lectures on spiritual education and ethical values
- Conducts competitions related yoga and meditation
- Renders services such as yoga classes, donations and awareness programs to needy people